The Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) is now Futurpreneur Canada. It is a national charity providing pre-launch coaching, business resources, start-up financing and mentoring to help you start your own successful business. If you are 18-39 and have a business idea...they can help!
Entrepreneurs need money - that's no secret. CYBF lends young entrepreneurs up to $15,000 for their start-up. Plus additional financing may be available through CYBF’s partnership with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), where you can get up to an additional $30,000. That’s not it. CYBF also has an expansion program, which offers up to $10,000. That’s a total of $55,000 possibly available for your new venture. CYBF supports businesses of all kinds – skilled trades, technology, retail, services, and everything in between. CYBF does not require security for its loans – They lend on character and a great business plan.
Along with your CYBF loan you will benefit from their mandatory world-class mentoring program. Every entrepreneur is hand-matched with an experienced business mentor for a minimum of 2 years to allow knowledge sharing and ensure a higher business success rate. A mentor is an invaluable resource with years of business experience, often it’s the difference between success and failure - and you get his or her assistance free for a minimum of 2 years with your CYBF loan!
The CYBF program is all about support from the beginning of your entrepreneurial journey right through all of your milestones. We are proud to be your official Community Partner for the CYBF Program.
- Between 18-39 years old
- Eligible to work in Canada (work permit holders not eligible)
- Produces a complete and viable business plan
- Has been in business, fully operating, for less than 12 months
- Lives or opens the business in the community which is offering the CYBF program
- Has some training / experience related to their business idea
- Work with qualified business mentor for a period of two years
- Has a business that creates full-time sustainable employment for the applicant
- Must hold at least 51% voting share in the business (if a partnership)
- Not a full-time student
- Loan proceeds may NOT be used for the refinancing of existing debt
GET STARTED NOW!
Visit www.futurpreneur.ca for more information about the program, eligibility criteria and all their services, or Contact Us, your local CYBF Community Partner, the MRC de Memphrémagog, at 819 843-9292 today!
Do you want to submit an application? Consult this checklist.Top of Page